Monday, December 10, 2012

Reflexive verbs (verbs that reflect back on the subject)

Reflexive verbs are very common and important. Bottom line, when the subject of the sentence receives the action of the verb, then it is reflexive. For an example, "I bathe myself" in this case, I am doing the bathing and I am also the one receiving the bath. This example is reflexive. If I were to say "I bathe my baby", then I am doing the bathing and the baby is receiving the bath, not reflexive. "I look at myself in the mirror" is reflexive and "I look at you in the mirror" is not only uber creepy, but also not reflexive.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome blog you have! My daughter is in high school now and has to have a foreign language credit, so finding your blog is a plus for our homeschool.

    I love the videos you have. She is a right-brained visual learner and your videos are perfect. She has been playing the educational Spanish games at Vocabulary Is Fun (www.vocabulary.co.il) and they are very helpful. Now we can add your site to our list.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    Joyfully,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jackie! It's great to know that someone is getting use out of this blog. Please keep coming back, I have more lessons to post, and also if you ever have any requests, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete